I wasn’t kidding when I said I was almost done with the third square.
A lot of the choices in what to do so far for the squares has been based on what my friends shout out when I’m starting to chart a new one. This has mostly been just telling me what body part to exaggerate. As you can probably tell by the name the prompt for this one was hair.
I’m not the most thrilled with how it came out. It looks to me a bit like a Denny’s pancake ball that grew hair. Still I wasn’t unhappy enough with it to exclude it or not post it.
So from here everything is as before. Enjoy
I used worsted for the background color, I’m burning through the Red Heart in my garange (for the fact that I have bought that stuff once in my life I have A LOT of it.) Same for the detail colors. This is the first one I didn’t just use black and white on for the detail colors.
For the scrappy yarn I paired it with a fingering so it came out roughly worsted weight. If your not using scrap yarn go ahead and use another worsted here obviously.
For anyone who doesn’t know how scrappy yarn works it is little bits of various yarns (usually the bits you trim off at the ends of projects and such) tied together and double stranded with a solid yarn.
US 9s were what I went with, but that was to fix my gauge issue with the bulky weight in my scrap yarn. If you are using scrap yarn it is a safe size to stick with. If not, I would take it down to US 8s or 7s to give you a tighter fabric.
As I said I’m just putting the chart here. But to achieve my block I cast on 45 and worked 72 rows. This means I have 10 rows before and after the chart starts and 5 stitches on either side of it. You can add or deduct here to your hearts content. Or put it on whatever you like.
The next one is the first guest design I’m trying. My friend, Galen, had one he sketched out for me.